Just Regigie Just Regigie is offline

Default Gun saves another day

NotNow wrote:
Yogi of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:15:05 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:07:39 -0700, Calif Bill wrote:

30 or so years ago I duck humted with the weapons officer of one of the
bay area police forces. He stated, the average police shootout is at
6', 9 shots are fired and no one is hit. Hard to aim when ducking for
cover.
NYPD did an analysis of police combat. Your weapons officer friend
isn't too far off the mark. I've also heard, can't swear to it's
veracity, but the average cop never pulls his gun in the line of duty.

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm

True.

Add to that fact that when the combat reflexes kick in, even trained
individuals have a hard time controlling kick backs, sideways drift
and in right handers, the tendency to shoot high and to the right.
Oddly in left handers, it's not high and to the right, but low and to
the left.

And that is the exact point where the martial artist will take his
pistol and cram it up his fat ass.

But Harry is a special individual - a very accomlished target shooter
as I understand it. So maybe.

Uh, yeah.......

Did I ever tell you about the time I shot the gun out of a bungler's
hand with a single shot, then held him at bay with my pickup truck?

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects