thunder thunder is offline

Default Gun saves another day

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:07:39 -0700, Calif Bill wrote:

30 or so years ago I duck humted with the weapons officer of one of the
bay area police forces. He stated, the average police shootout is at
6', 9 shots are fired and no one is hit. Hard to aim when ducking for
cover.

NYPD did an analysis of police combat. Your weapons officer friend isn't
too far off the mark. I've also heard, can't swear to it's veracity, but
the average cop never pulls his gun in the line of duty.

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm