posted to rec.boats.electronics
cowelld cowelld is offline

Default Standard Horizon SL45 Knot Log Anomalies

I have a SL45 installed in a sailboat and it has worked perfectly up
until I took the boat into salt water. At sea it indicates 0.0 but
back in fresh water it starts up again and works normally. Obviously
there's a short to ground in the sender although I don't think it has
a leak. Has anyone seen this effect? Either I'll have to go back into
salt to measure the current drain differences then paint the thing
with rubber to try and isolate it else buy another sender and hope
it's an isolated condition.

thanks,
Dave