Karin Conover-Lewis

Default LaVac and replacement

Skip

Swapping out a Lavac with a "regular pumper" isn't any more difficult than
the other way around, but the first time you have to rebuild the innards of
that "regular pumper" you'll be kicking yourself, hard. There's really
nothing in the Lavac that can break down or wear out, with the exception of
the huge (and dry) gaskets that seal the lid and seat. They are very
difficult to clog and very easy to repair. No joker valves soaking in
effluent, no little tiny o rings or any of that stuff. From time to time
you'll need to rebuild the diaphragm pump, but it's probably mounted on the
bulkhead above the bowl and stays dry most of the time -- particularly while
you're doing that quick overhaul.

Tell Lydia it's a boat, not a condo. If she is adamant, hide the hoses
behind a false bulkhead. ;-)

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Skip Gundlach"
.due.to.spam wrote in
message ink.net...
We're looking at a boat with these heads, probably new. However, the

piping
(apparently) needed for them, and the pump, both, on the wall, is very
off-putting to Lydia.

That they're part of a recent refit is an annoyance, but my stance is that
to replace marine heads is merely background noise in a purchase
consideration.

BICBW :{))

So, how big a deal is it to swap these out for the more typical pumpers?

L8R

Skip