Wayne.B

Default New (to the West Coast) boat line

On 07 Sep 2003 03:19:44 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:
it's not uncommon to see new boats selling for $1mm or more around here without
any AC at all.

==================

Hard to believe. How do you run the jacuzzi? Seriously, what about
hot water heating?

Personally I've sort of gotten use to the "all electric boat" concept.
No more stocking up on stove fuel and running out, either in the
middle of dinner, or in the middle of nowhere. It does put a premium
on genset reliability however. Even with a big battery bank and
inverter I need a serious recharge every day or two, way more than the
alternators can provide. Hopefully our next boat will have two
gensets for redundancy, or at least a VERY large alternator on one
engine for backup charging.