H the K H the K is offline

Default Truce Y'all

Tim wrote:
On Jul 18, 3:42 pm, Lil' John wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:01:27 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jul 17, 5:29 pm, Lil' John wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:34:21 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:03:06 -0400, Lil' John
wrote:
We're trying to teach a point here. Liver, if properly cooked, and
served with bacon and onions is a most succulent dish.
Ate a lot of just that growing up, and it was a common menu item in
most restaurants up here.
Then I read a guy talking about car filters, and how they trap all the
poisons of motor oil. Pretty much like how beef liver catches all the
poisons in the cow's blood, he says.
I just can't get that picture out of my mind.
--Vic
I'd cook my oil filters a little longer, but not much.
As Caligula used to say, "Everything in moderation."
--
John H
Er, John. Wasn't that Aristotle who said that?

I concede that you know a lot more about those kinds of guys than I
do!
--

John H

Oh probably not, but....

I suggest Plato's dialogues, where you will find mention of sophrosyne.
Caligula, as every schoolboy knows, was an ancestor of Governor Sanford.

:)