trawler_kid

Default Capn v.6.1 question??

In article , says...
I have a dedicated GPS module on the USB port of my laptop. Works great and
the Capn finds the data from the GPS without a problem.. This is a one way
communication with the laptop. GPS talker, Laptop Listener.

However, if I want to send course correction via NMEA 183 sentence, they
have to go out a serial port.

I can't seem to find a way to tell The Capn to send this info out a standard
serial port, once it finds the GPS data on the USB port.

If you have a real 9 pin serial port on the laptop, get a used garmin
12xl for $75 and it will talk and listen.

If not, you'll need a pcmcia serial card by either quatech or socket,
available on ebay for about $60.

rgds-pg