Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Truce Y'all

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:53:16 -0400, H the K
wrote:

If you want to find a microcosm of "what is wrong with America," look at
the just terrible food available along the interstates. There are a
couple of exceptions, such as Waffle House and Cracker Barrel, but
generally...what's offered is just the worst of the worst.

Probably more to do with cheap, fast food and consistency than
anything else. Franchising those qualities drove the rest out.
Cracker Barrel and Waffle house don't fit the fast food mold, but
have the consistency.
That Nathans was an exceptional stop.
Imagine going through the Carolinas before franchising, and eating
hit or miss. Without local knowledge you don't know what crap
you'll be fed.
That's why we always brought a cooler and made up our own food
back in the day.

--Vic