H the K H the K is offline

Default Truce Y'all

Tim wrote:

Cracker Barrel used to have a baked potato coated in pine resin. Lots
of people liked it, so I ordered it.

I will say that it was good, different and well.... good.

the waitress came by and said , how was your potato? I said, it was
really good but the skin was a bit tough, but I finally got it.

She said "Sir!You're not supposed to eat the skin!"

I have noticed that they've taken it off their menu. Probably got
sued.

Cracker Barrel...our alternative to Waffle House when rolling down I-95...

There's so much really bad food offered at the "just off the Interstate"
restaurants, it's really nice to come across a Cracker Barrel at dinner
time.

Many years ago, soon after you crossed into South Carolina (I think it
was SC) heading south, there was an enclave of shops and restaurants on
the east side of the highway, the biggest being a well-advertised place
that sold cigars. I don't remember the name of that enterprise. Anyway,
there was a Nathan's hot dog restaurant there, serving up real deal
Kosher dogs with all the trimmings, hand-made french fries, and high
quality, icy cold lemonade. We probably stopped there a half dozen times
in our various trips to north Florida and back. Alas, I noticed a few
years ago it was gone, replaced by some bloody awful fast food chain.

If you want to find a microcosm of "what is wrong with America," look at
the just terrible food available along the interstates. There are a
couple of exceptions, such as Waffle House and Cracker Barrel, but
generally...what's offered is just the worst of the worst.