Don W

Default Taking Your Car Cruising

Bill,

I think the problem is not so much carrying the car (if you have a
large enough boat). The problem is how your car is going to react
to months of salt spray and intense sunshine.

Some friends of ours took their bicycles crusing, and because of
space considerations on their Hunter 38, ended up lashing them to
the deck along with their dinghy. The bicycles were so hopelessly
rusted after a few weeks that they ended up heaving them overboard.
At least that is the way that I remember the story ;-).

YMMV,

Don W.

Bill Bradley wrote:
Has anyone (outside of Navy Landing Craft) designed a cruising style boat
that will carry a car?

RV'er haul their cars, why not cruisers?

Bill