thunder thunder is offline

Default We may be sitting on...

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:22:35 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

more oil than the entire Persian Gulf combined.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

This has been speculated about for years, but it's finally coming
together.

Oddly, there is a similar field off the coast of New Jersey at about the
same depth but it hasn't been explored.

Interesting.

You know, Tom, production has never been our problem. IIRC, we are still
the third largest petroleum producer. It's our insatiable appetite.
Without addressing that appetite, there won't be any magical production
bullet. This country has been the most prospected country on the
planet. We know where the oil is, it's a matter of recovery. Hell, that
Bakken Formation was discovered in the early fifties, but the recovery
technologies (horizontal drilling) is relatively recent. Even now, the
technically recoverable oil from that formation, @ 4 billion barrels,
would only last us about eight months.