Wizard of Woodstock Wizard of Woodstock is offline

Default We may be sitting on...

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:51:00 -0400, Gene
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:22:35 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

more oil than the entire Persian Gulf combined.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

This has been speculated about for years, but it's finally coming
together.

Oddly, there is a similar field off the coast of New Jersey at about
the same depth but it hasn't been explored.

Interesting.

I am dutifully skeptical.... but I sure hope it is true.....

It's very interesting. They've been talking about the potential of
this shale/sand field for years, then they discovered the dome under
it and from what I've been reading it's massive. Then the second
field started coming on line and it's the same size.

They think that a similar field might be under the Canadian shale/sand
field too - that would be huge.

I'm still waiting for them to look into the New Jersey situation -
that has also been talked about for years, but nobody has permission
to do any exploration.

Boone Pickens has stated that according to his estimates, there's
enough natural gas held in the mid-Missouri shale for at least 50
years of use.

Be nice if it were true.