posted to rec.boats.building
Pirateer guy Pirateer guy is offline

Default Lumpy Gel Coat: Recoverable?

You can buy a pint of white gelcoat and get a little pigment kit from
Evercoat via eBay.
Mix your own.
the shelf life of gelcaot is pretty short. I keeep some mixed for my
little boat in the frige and it has been ok for a year now but I'm
sure that's pushing it.

I don't mix wax in with the gelcoat. I spray PVA over it.
I keep it in the beer frige in the shop, not in the house.

If when I do get some fresh stuff, it seems more logical to me to
ask for the pigment, resin, and wax as separate items and then
mix them when needed.

Am I on the right track with the separate ingredients approach?
--
PeteCresswell