posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Outboard Motor Pulling to One Side

Jaybird wrote:
Hi all, I hope someone in this group can help me as I know nothing
about boats.
I have a 14 foot aluminum Misty River fishing boat with a 25 HP 2
stroke tiller style motor on the back.
The boat pulls steadily to the right, to the point where at full
throttle you can barely hold it straight.
I adjusted the little fin above the prop all the way to one side and
it made it better (adjusting the other way made it even worse!).
Any ideas? Thanks, Jaybird

Is the outboard mounted centrally?
If yes, is there a strake on the boat hull?
Does the boar steer when tilted left or right?

Brian W