Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Don't Try This at Home

wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:49:46 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Holy sh*t... but, what's the point of the fenders???? I know... seagulls!

Style points!

(Actually I think they expected the boat to go over on that side, not
that those fenders were going to do much)

Looks like it! I finally spoke with this guy...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Nice enough. He told me that he "only takes the boat out when there's light
wind, under 10kts," which in this area means early in the morning or
significantly after sunset (and he doesn't sail at night). I saw him out
there a couple of weeks ago mid-afternoon. It was blowing about 15kts...
beautiful day, flat water, and he was motoring back at get-there speed from
Angel Island. He'd been picnicing on the island.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com