werlax

Default prop pitch/rpm and trim?

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message news:1JjQa.53501$ye4.40177@sccrnsc01...
What type prop are you running. If it s an aluminum 23 then it may not be a
23 anymore. Take the prop to a prop shop and have them measure it. This
will let you know for sure what you need.
My guess is a good SS performance prop in a 23 is what you really need and
your prop is not a true 23 anymore. Check out the Mirage Plus from Merc.

Yep, it's an aluminum. It's the prop that came with the boat. I've
been told that I should have another prop on the boat for emergencies.
I was considering taking this prop off and using it as the spare and
getting myself a SS one. Thanks for the recommendation. Are all SS
props in the same price range? I haven't started researching them
yet.

Thanks!