Default which hull material

"aussie" yup wrote in message news:3fb53e58@news1...
Buying a used 45 -50 cruising sailboat soon, but what material?
concrete?...seems difficult to get a good one
wood....lots of maintenance?
steel....hot in summer down here in australia
grp....don't know much about it
all thoughts most appreciated!

I would say steel, from what I can see the upsides are strength, hitting
a coral reef,
the downsides having to lift it out every 1-2 years to sandblast, also
second hand needs exspensive tests to see if any damage to the hull.
This opinion is from an armchair sailor until I start practicing, so
should be ignored pending experienced advice. Also with steel refitting
can be easier, take out
an oversized fuel tank for example by cracking it open and re welding.