posted to rec.boats.paddle
JediSpork JediSpork is offline

Default How to patch kayak?

I have one of the old coleman inflatable kayaks. These came highly
recommended by a friend for a ultra cheap usable boat. last time out I
was dragging it across some grass and snagged a hole in it. Is it
really worth patching? Is there a home brew patching method that works
well? I've tried patching countless air mattresses and it never seemed
to hold. Best I could ever do was use one of the standard patches with
the glue and then put duct tape over that.

Gander Mountain has 20% off kayaks this week and I'm tempted to buy a
hard shell. I have concerns about them dumping over. I don't have any
special kayak training and just want something safe and basic I can
take out on our local river.

thanks