Paul

Default Seeking advice and suggestions

Based on your question it sounds like you should do some research on boats
around that size range. I don't know if I would be comfortable buying
anything in that size range for 11k.

The following link is to boats that are for sale. Don't worry if the boats
aren't in your area, check out the pictures and the specs and familiarize
yourself with what's available. If the boats are in your area start to look
at the prices, if they're not in your area don't bother with the prices
(unless you want to add shipping).

http://www.yachtcouncil.com/yachts_b...earch_form.asp

There is also a wealth of information for new (and experienced) boat buyers
on the site in the following link. This guy is a rather hardcore boater and
is fond of serious offshore and bluewater designs so you have to take that
into account if you're looking for a boat slightly less capable. Many of his
articles talk about what happens when people try to get into boating on the
cheap.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/

Boating is very expensive, I have a 30 foot boat and it costs me about
CAN$7,000/year (US$5,000?) as long as nothing goes wrong.

If you make a mistake buying a boat you might end up buying something
worthless so get a structural survey from an accredited marine surveyor and
a full mechanical inspection from a proper mechanic before signing any
agreements. All in this will probably cost about a grand. Best money you
will ever spend on your boat.

Going into sal****er means you'll want to have yourself rigged slightly
differently such as a closed cooling system, possibly a y-valve ... I'm a
freshwater boater so maybe some of the salties can chime in here.

You should also contact your local power squadron and sign up for a USCG
safe boating course. It sounds like you will be dealing with tidal inlets
and passing from sal****er to freshwater, you need to learn about the
dangers inherent in that.

A boat in the size range you're talking about can be huge fun, I think it's
the best thing in the world. But it's serious business in every aspect from
money to safety and everything in between. Your life will literally depend
on this craft and your skill. You have to educate yourself.

Sorry my response is so long, I didn't have time to make it shorter.

"Ante Topic Mimara" ] wrote in message
Greetings Ladies, Gentlemen, Netizens:

I am soon to enter the market to purchase a previously-owned
boat. It will be used to travel up and down a river that feeds
into the ocean on the east coast of the US. What I am looking
for, are some recommendations and suggestions from the more
knowledgeable users of this newsgroup.

Are there many makes and models of boats that are under 36 feet
in length that have aft-cabins? I am aware of a 29' boat that
was recently up for auction on eBay which had an aft berth, but
I do not know who the manufacturer was, nor do I know the model.
This boat auctioned for about $7,500.00 or so, and that is at
the lower end of my price range. I am hoping to find one that
does not need much in the way of major mechanical or structural
work, at a maximum price of $11,000.00 or close to it.

I would like to find a boat that is between 25 and 40 feet in
length, that has an aft cabin layout. If the kind persons in
this group could make suggestions and recommendations for such
a craft, I would appreciate it.

I thank you.

---
-
A. Topic Mimara
Unique in the World! You will appreciate!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.