Lu Powell[_7_] Lu Powell[_7_] is offline

Default A few thoughts for those...

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Gene wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:05:39 -0400, HK wrote:

...whose lives are easier now because of the labor movement:

While I concede that the labor movement did, indeed, improve the lives
of some Americans, it can't go unnoticed that the supporting quotes
are at least 40 and most cases 50-100+ years old.

I think, for the astute, there is a realization there to be had.....

Yeah, that today, a strong labor union movement is needed more than ever
in the face of internationalism, corporatism, the exporting of jobs, and
the elimination of hard-fought-for fringe benefits everywhere in the
country. Workers of all sorts are being reduced to the same sort of
chattel they were in the 19th century.

Bull! Next tine you want a job, ask for one from a union member. Don't
bother a business owner or manager.