posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,tx.guns,rec.boats,rec.martial.arts
Datesfat Chicks Datesfat Chicks is offline

Default When a dog returns to it's vomit pile.

"Misifus" wrote in message
Long Ranger wrote:
"Datesfat Chicks" wrote in message
wrote in message
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...gage-meltdown/

This is a useful site worth forwarding. Note article Economics of
Mass Deportation.
Um ... has it been demonstrated that the mortgage meltdown is due to
minority lending (as is claimed in the article)?

Any citations there?

It was my impression that the issue was racially diverse.

Without that linchpin, you're just quacks blaming minorities for
everything. ("Why is it raining today, daddy? Because of Rosa Parks
...")

Datesfat

You are using the classic liberal foil. Demanding "citations, and proof"
when in fact, you are challenging a stated position and need to approach
it with something more like, "I disagree with your claims because of
"___________________________________". Putting someone on the defensive
and making them do the leg-work to defend the ideas you are challenging
is the lazy man's way of co-opting an argument.

By your standard, anyone who demands more documentation about a
controversial statement is trying to co-opt an argument. That simply isn't
valid.

The Internet has made it easier than ever to provide information. You don't
have to provide the actual information: often, a URL is enough.

You made a controversial statement (that minority lending was responsible
for the financial meltdown). I asked for a citation. Rather than provide
one, you accused me of co-opting the argument.

Does anybody who authors web pages share this opinion so that you can
provide me a URL, or are you just a crackpot posting trash?

I'm guessing the latter.

Datesfat