Larry Larry is offline

Default Computer display for the boat?

Richard Casady wrote in
:

Our 16 foot jet boat is Turbocraft hull # 10, the first ones ever sold
fifty years ago. It has been painted and had new upholstery in all
that time.

Mine was a piece of Brunswick crap called a Sea Ray Sea Rayder F16XR2
built in TN.

It nearly killed me when the 3/8" gas line run through 3" cable clamps,
they use to hold up the big inlet tank hose, to the tank came loose from
the 5/16" gas hose barb on the Mercury 175 Sport Jet, and fell down in
the very rear of the boat while speeding down the river at 50. So much
hose was below the gas tank level, if it had a anti-siphonn valve, which
I doubted after the fact, it overcame the valve and filled the hull with
so much gas the Rule bilge pump came on...Thanks for SEALED mercury
float switches and explosion proof motors RULE!. There was so much gas
fumes the engine actually ran, but too rich of course, on what it was
sucking in through 6 carbs before I smelled it. Mercury's Thunderbolt
Ignition didn't have any leaks or the boat would have simply exploded
with me in it....sitting right in front of the explosion.

I'm lucky to be here.

If you need 5/16" gasline, I still have a whole reel Sea Ray sent me in
my warehouse.

Fed up with it constantly coming apart, I dumped it for 40% of the
original wholesale price I paid for it....its best day.

The dealer, Sea Ray of Charleston, told me if I didn't stop posting
about my Sea Rayder on rec.boats and rec.sport.jetski he wasn't going to
service it any more as I didn't buy it from him at retail. I told him
to take his dealership and Sea Ray and shove them up his ass, right in
front of his service manager.

Sea Ray and Brunswick doesn't have to worry over ever selling me another
bowling pin.

Ironically, Sea Ray still mails me their magazine and a bunch of spam
specials for a new Sea Ray every so often. I tried, unsuccessfully, to
get off their mailing list a long time ago....(c;]

Everybody should own ONE Brunswick boat. Bayliners are the deluxe
models.