Rick Morel Rick Morel is offline

Default electric motor for 7ft mercury inflatable digny?

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:34:08 +0000, Larry wrote:

My equations only showed the futility of using battery powered electric
drives compared to an outboard motor, nothing more. They were never meant
to be mathematically correct.

I was trying to point out the obvious and discourage him from this electric
nonsense when what he really needs is an old single cylinder 2-stroke and a
2 gallon gascan.

It's not futile nor nonsense. I've used electric for my dinghies since
1999 with success and happiness. Total weight is little or no more
than an old 2-stroke and extra gas.

I have no objection to an outboard, but remember he's in a situation
where he has no place to store it except in the home or car. A smelly
and very dangerous thing to do.

Rick