Tim Tim is offline

Default 359# Warsaw Grouper!

On Jun 28, 7:59*pm, Gene wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:46:02 -0400, HK wrote:
Gene wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:37:35 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 28, 7:03 pm, D K wrote:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=169757

Nice fish!
Good Lord!! *how did they get that thing in the boat?

A better question, given the degree of over fishing for that species,
is *why* did they get that thing in the boat?

What's the point of that sort of fishing? The same sort of macho
nonsense as hunting for non-dangerous game.

"Look, honey...I shot a deer."

How brave.

If I understand your question correctly, since one can't determine the
type of fish on the hook until the fish is close to the boat, that is
the first opportunity for one to throw back those fish that should not
be harvested.

You don't really suggest that hunting should be undertaken only when
the odds are even between the hunter and hunted, do you? Knife fight
with a grizzly? Nunchucks with an elk? Maybe large caliber slingshot
with a bull elephant?

I'm thinking deer at 200 yards with a Win. .270.... that's fair....
--

Forté Agent 5.00 Build 1171

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." * - Unknown

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

I was thinking about the same distance with a .303 Brit.