Larry Larry is offline

Default electric motor for 7ft mercury inflatable digny?

richard wrote in news:4b9f3735-f3b2-4653-
:

We sold the 25ft boat but still have the 7 ft inflatable. We live in a
city apartment. The old 2 horse power gas engine works fine but we
cannot keep it in the car or apartment due to its gas fumes. We are
thinking about an electric motor for the dingy. Any suggestions or
ideas as to what we should look for?
as always, thanks for you comments

Unfortunate equations:

Runtime (R) = Amphours (AH)/Thrust (T) squared

....so plan on the dingy being a DISPLACEMENT hull on battery power.

Also, unfortunately, AH = Battery Weight (W)/50
and
Dingy Freeboard change (delta F) = 1/W squared

A good idea is to go OUT on the little battery and come BACK on the big
battery....Fuel reserve.....

--
-----
Larry

This concludes today's trolling motor power lecture.....been there, done
that. Gas is MUCH MUCH lighter than lead-acid batteries and MUCH MUCH more
powerful....

Little trick my neighborhood thieves have never figured out.......
Anything left in a ragged-looking pasteboard box next to the trashcans
never gets stolen....Leave the gas cans in the box...storage problem
solved. Mark the gas cans - USED MOTOR OIL for extra security. Hell, even
the trash man won't touch it then, and neither will the boat thieves on any
dock.