[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Boat battery question???

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:53:27 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:37:39 -0400, wrote:

Being a new battery, it probably has never been fully and properly
charged. Battery charging is more complicated than merely stuffing
electricity back into the battery. The last 5-10% of capacity is the
hardest to achieve.

Seems that getting batteries with 5-10% more capacity than you need,
and not worrying about the last 5-10% would be a solution.

Batteries are never quite big enough. I think there is a tendency to
add things that draw power., or simply get more casual about useage,
as your battery banks and charging system expand.

I changed over to AGM batteries for a number of reasons, but one was
lower internal resistance, which makes for faster and easier charging.
That effectively increased my capacity without adding any weight.

I suspect that is too easy, aside from psychology, and somebody will
explain why.
I do know that I always find something in the last place I look for it
though. No doubts there.

--Vic