Ed

Default I need your advice for a new boat

USED.... First boat... don't really know what you want... will probably
trade in 12-24 months. New boats smell nice and look pretty but without
any real experience you will bang up a new boat to look used in about a
month. When buying used, it will be tough to find 4 stroke because of
the newness of them. If you not mechanically inclined, get one 5 years
old and have a surveyor or a mechanic check it out.
SFlorida... OUTBOARDS are the only way to go for a walk-around or any
boat that is left in the water.

Questions:
Where do you want to go...
ICWW, 2ft seas....inside the reefs in the keys? pick almost anything.
(Wellcraft, Bayliner, Searay etc)

10-20 miles out in search of the April Dolphin bite? Stick to the
better boats in that size: Pursuit, Grady, Whaler, Mako etc and go Twins.

Bahamas Twins are a must, get into the 25' range if possible... I took a
24 to the abacos with a single when I was 23 years old but of coarse at
23 you are invincible....

Also... take a boating coarse and then have a boating friend show you
the ropes for 1/2 a day.

Kharlosan wrote:
Hi all, I am not a boater yet but I am planning to be one very soon.
I live in South Florida and I think the kind of boat that fit in my desires is
a new Walk Around between 22 and 23 feet.
The advice I need is about the manufacturer brand I should consider, Outboard
or I/O, 4 or 2 strokes. Please let me know the reasons of your recommendations
and share your experiences.
Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Carlos