Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Boat battery question???

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 04:06:40 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

What is top end of the DD6-71?

Difficult to tell from limited pics on web site, but it appears you
have a small case design, but that is just a guess.

They will top out at 2400 RPM but we never push them beyond 1800 for
any length of time, and more typically cruise at 1400 to 1500.

They are based on the Delco CS-144 which is considered large case in
the automotive world, but they are not a J-180 mount which is a big
plus for me. My engines are set up for a 2 inch Delco foot except
that they have a 1/2 inch mounting bolt instead of 3/8ths. Drilling
out the alternator foot to 1/2 inch is easy and there is plenty of
metal left over.