jps jps is offline

Default Fun morning

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:33:46 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:11:11 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:33:01 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

He wouldn't give up. Kept insisting that he show me all the options. I
kept trying to explain (during his short moments of silence) that I didn't
need or want to learn about all the feature. Don't need them.

I've had the same problem with Republicans trying to sell me on
trickle down economics.

I responded with, "You are a pain in the ass and don't listen. Get out of
here; you are really starting to **** me off."

He tries again to yap about the system "features". I got up from behind
the counter. I think he saw the look in my eye because he beat feet out the
door, got in his BMW and drove off.

Wow. I have never had an experience like that.

Could you not just tell him you were late for a meeting and ushered
him out? You could have used the same tactic you used with the kid
who wanted to hang out playing guitar all day.

What fun would that be? Though it's happened only twice to me, those
2 salesmen didn't understand anything except the threat of physical
removal. Besides, they were so obnoxious that's what they fully
deserved.
One of my favorite lines is from Unforgiven, where the kid says to
Eastwood, about the cowboys they killed, "They had it coming, didn't
they?"
He replied "We all got it coming, kid."
Aside from deeper meanings, that's always true for some salesmen.
What, nobody makes you mad? Sure as hell don't get that impression
here.

--Vic

I'm passionate about politics, even with friends. But they know it's
just passion and not anger (unless you mention Bush or Cheney).

When dealing with a complete stranger, I make sure they know that I
don't have any more time for their rap and politely get them on their
way. It's easier to ease them into leaving than waiting until they
**** you off. Walking them to the door is an easy method.