Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Boat battery question???

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:58:11 +0000, Larry wrote:

"Mac Donald" wrote in news:2tn979.6g0.19.1
:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

The folks at the C.T. told me to bring in the batteries and they will
put a 30amp on them and have them topped up in minutes but I did some
reading and that can't be too good for the deepcycle batteries.

I don't think one charge like this would do much harm if you decide to
have them do it.

Now's that's the voice of experience! Ignore any advice from this
knucklehead he's blowing smoke from his ass.

Mac? Don't you have 4 500A alternators in parallel so you can charge the
house batteries in 5 minutes, like some boats I know?....(c;]

(It's not funny...I actually saw one like this!....with kids aboard going
offshore!)

How much voltage do you need to pump 2,000 amps into a battery?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)