bowgus

Default Raw Water Flow Meter

Just a thought ... my outdrive impeller supplies my V6's water pump. Water
flow from the impeller I would guess would vary dependent on the engine
temperature, any resulting restriction caused by the thermostat, and the
V6's water pump. If it was me, I'd install an audible alarm/water
temperature gauge. And when that sounded, I'd shut down and then figure out
where the problem was.

"MIDEMETZ" wrote in message
A low pressure, pressure gage will do the same thing. There is also a flow
sensor for fire alarms.

Mike

Has anyone ever attached a flow meter to the raw water line just before
discharge? I would think if you could get a baseline reading with a new
impeller or go by the flow rate of the pump at a given rpm then if it

drops
it would indicate an impeller change or it would aid in diagnosis of an
overheating condition. Maybe even a remote display. My pump is supposed

produce 26 gpm @ 1800 rpm. I have no idea what the output really is.
Any thoughts?

Phil