Brian Whatcott

Default Out drive refinish

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:09:45 GMT, Dave Hamilton
wrote:

Hello all I have a situation that I need some help with. First of all I
have a Sea Ray with a 454cid and a Bravo III out drive. I harbor in
Michigan City, IN on Trail Creek and the water is very polluted. As a
result the out drive gets very corroded. I want to have the out drive
sand blasted and powder coated. My marina says that if they heat the
unit to 500 degrees it will fry the seals. What I need to know is there
an alternate way to protect my out drive???

Sandblast & two pot paint. Then flush after each trip with fresh
water, and leave the muffs on?

Brian W