Tim Tim is offline

Default A Verizon Day

On Jun 22, 4:38*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
Just got Internet service back. *It has been down most of the day.

I had Verizon DSL installed at the shop three or four weeks ago. *Love it.
Works fine, lasts a long time. Fast too.

Originally we ordered 2 phone lines with DSL on one of them.

Instead, Verizon installed 3 lines, two for phones and the other dedicated
to DSL.
It's called a "dry loop".

Anyway, it was working fine -- until today.

Then Verizon customer service called a week or so ago and said I was paying
more than I had to for the service. *She said I really didn't need the
third, dry line and the DSL could be moved over to one of the telephone
lines. * Made sense, since that is what we originally ordered.

However, I hesitated. *The service has been so good, I hated to risk
screwing something up.
The customer service said it would be just as good. * Finally talked me into
it. * It was scheduled for this Wednesday and she said all I would have to
do is unplug the wireless router from one jack and plug it into another.
No changes in the computer were required. * Sounds easy enough.

Verizon showed up today (two days early) and "moved" the service. * Didn't
work. * Changed some settings in the computer to go from a static IP to
something else. * Still didn't work. * This went on for hours.

The poor Verizon tech really wasn't a DSL guy, so he was following
instructions from Verizon's tech center. * We finally gave up and tried to
reestablish connection on the original, dry line. *But that wouldn't work
anymore because the configuration changes had been made to the computer
settings and router.

Poor tech felt bad. *He arrived here with Internet service working perfectly
and left with it dead.
Didn't make his day.

I later called Verizon tech support myself and had him walk me through the
configuration and ISP assignments again. * Much to my surprise ... it
worked! * *So it's up again .... until Wednesday.

Eisboch

Richard. don't forget. What really made the whole situation worse was
while right in the middle of the mess. I called to ask about a guitar.
i couldn't have timed the call better.

Icing on the cake!

?;^ )