Larry Larry is offline

Default Boat battery question???

" Tuuk" wrote in
:

I tried it on an old 12v deep cycle and it did charge
it quickly (maybe an hour) and green light came on. But these two new
ones which are larger in size and weight are not shutting off the
automatic charger yet. I am a bit reluctant to charge it in the 10amp.
The folks at the C.T. told me to bring in the batteries and they will
put a 30amp on them and have them topped up in minutes but I did some
reading and that can't be too good for the deepcycle batteries.

Yes, by all means take them to some dunderheads who think they can recharge
batteries in 30 minutes flat. How horrible most are. Boaters typically
charge the house batteries for 20 minutes at full current, thinking wrongly
they are recharging them....They're not.

10A charging is fine. Huge batteries take forever to charge on 2A, of
course assuming they're discharged. I can't imagine 2A bubbling anything
not fully charged.

Are you SURE there's no loads, at all, on this tiny charger? Aren't these
batteries also hooked to the house circuit?

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?