posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Cruisers Attacked by Wild Boars

"SteveB" wrote in message

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"SteveB" wrote in message

Hogzilla 1051#, Hog Kong 1140#

Now that's a lot of hog. No matter how you slice it, though, the swine is
fine! :-D

--
KLC Lewis

Irrefutable photographic proof of alien visitations!
www.KLCLewisStudios.com

After further thought and reading, I can see there was quite a controversy
over the Hogzilla incident, one being the weighing apparatus used and the
question of accurate weight, and the second that the shooter of the pig
was a ten year old person on a game reserve. All things taken into
account, whether the pig was 1,000# or, 1,041#, whether or not this was a
staged incident of a ten year old getting thrust into his 15 minutes of
fame, alleged photo manipulations, and other things the grand jury thought
about deliberating, but then denied doing because of "time constraints",
that's one big f-ing pig that someone shot.

Not to mention that this is becoming commonplace throughout the US, as
well as hog attacks.

I'll take the National Enquirer approach on this one, and that is that
they may have not gotten it exactly right, but there is some basis for a
story of interest there.

Steve

Guy I worked with in the 80's and went pig hunting with. His father in law
was killed by a wild boar. We have a lot in the hills around us, but do not
seem to be a problem. On the other side of the bay, near Crystal Spring
Reservoir, part of the San Francisco water system, the pigs come out into
the surrounding neighborhoods. One guy shot a 600# hog in the front yard.
The kids were playing out front when a pack of hogs came by. They leave the
lawns looking like a rototiller came through.