Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Heart of Gold beats the Rain!

H'lo Rob. I doubt y'all 'ud know a REAL thunderstorm. What you get
is "rain showers". Dont be too afraid o' getting your sails wet. It
isnt rainin hard till the gators an snakes is tryin to come aboard to
stay dry.

I got nailed a few times by T-Storms that were very nasty. One of them
ended up being among the worst in recent years with winds in the 80
MPH range. I had no experience with my Catalina 27 and left out a
couple feet of genny. Yep, it blew out the sail in a heartbeat. The
very short duration of such blasts is the only saving grace. Since
those days I've been caught on occasion, but never like that 1st time.

RB
35s5
NY