John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Good story and good photos

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:01:44 -0700 (PDT), Jack
wrote:

On Jun 16, 1:39*pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:27:49 -0400, HK penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|Gene Kearns wrote:

| On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:36:05 -0400, John H penned the following well
| considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
| |...and even true!
| |
| |http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/ussnewyork.asp
|
| As this ship serves with distinction, it would be deserving if it was
| treated to the opportunity afforded the following ships:
|
| USS West Virginia
| USS Nevada
| USS Tennessee
| USS California
| USS Maryland
| USS Pennsylvania
|
| Remember your history lessons?
|

|Battleships sold for scrap?

Nope. Before that....

Didn't the steel used in the new ship sorta have a similar experience
already?

Have you figured out why Gene would make such a wish for a ship?
--

John H

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government
results from too much government."

Thomas Jefferson