cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Stainless stuff

Gordon wrote:
Needed some bimini fittings to make a solar mount. Tried marine part
depot. Good prices, free shipping and quality seems good. Thought I
would pass it on.
Gordon

I came back by to give some feedback about this.

The web site said they would ship withing 24 hours.

They BILLED withing 24 hours, but didn't ship for another week.
then a week in transit.

Oh, by the way, the "sale" gets extended every day for a week or two.

I made a small test order to see what would show up.

Parts:

I ordered six ring nuts - 1/4" x 20.

Handy parts.

But I disagree with the "quality seems good" part.

This stainless steel is very susceptible to magnets(!).

The threads do indeed accept 1/4" x 20, but are very sloppy
(Mostly over-sized, one a bit under).

The threaded hole is off center.

There were sharp pieces of metal hanging on around the exit end
of the threaded hole.

They cleaned up ok, and are serviceable for my application
(coat hanger in the head for wet weather gear)

But I will NOT buy anything else from them - especially strength critical
or parts exposed to outside..

For what it's worth...

Richard