SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Bimini tops

wrote

If you really think EMT will work for you a 1/2" bender head is about
$20 with a handle and the EMT is a couple bucks a stick. I would still
spray cold galvanizing or paint on the cut ends and maybe even paint
the whole pipe after you bend it up to catch spots that crack in the
galvanizing. In fresh water it might actually hold up fairly well.
The cover itself is still the tricky part but not necessarily that
tough if you can sew.
My cover has zippers so it installs easily on the assembled frame but
if you are willing to thread the pipe through sewn pockets and then
assemble the brackets and hinged parts it won't need them.

Just for cost and ease of construction, I've just about settled on the EMT
idea. I really liked the visqueen patterning and then transferring to
cloth. Just need to get to a supplier and get the straps and plastic
latches. Will be starting on a greenhouse soon with woven poly, so will be
doing lots of sewing. I've got an big Singer 111W155 walking foot machine
that will do the job.

Just so many projects to do and so little time. Grandsons here for two
weeks (4 and 6) so we'll just use sunscreen instead of sunshade for this
visit.

Steve