Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Lake Superior RAPIDLY WARMING!

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:03:37 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

You can get about 14.5 with a Lincoln Navigator.

That's the best you get with that pig.

Bring on $10/gal.

By all means, clear the road of the rif-raf who can't afford it. When
paperbacks and magazines, as well as cigs, were a quarter, so was gas.
Quarters were harder to come by then, than ten bucks is now.
Relatively speaking, gas is cheaper now than it was when it cost a
quarter. Ninty years ago an oz of gold would by you a hundred gallons.
Gold is now a grand, and you can get some 400 gal for an oz.

When tens of millions of idiots stay off the waterways, so much the
better.

Two things about the " Pig ".

It will tow the one ton Starcraft, or for that matter the John Deere.

Deer, or, God forbid, bikers or jaywalkers, will end up in the grill
and not your face. We live just outside of town, and see deer every
day. Bambi has already totaled one of my vehicles. Iowa lets the
victim keep the deer, but it ran away.

Another advantage is that you can see over the tiny ****boxes that get
such marvelous mileage. Simple high school physics tells you what
happens when a ****box hits you. They lose, but they saved money.
Their bad luck I suppose. If it is all they can afford, it is.

By coincidence, a Model T Ford got about the same mileage as the Pig.

Casady