Paul

Default New (to the West Coast) boat line

We have some very deluxe boats in the NW without air conditioning. But
most
boats have heat. Because we don't have a pressing need for AC, we

typically use
diesel forced air or hydronic heat and our boats don't have the monster

gen
sets routinely found on the E coast. With a propane galley stove, a good
battery bank,
an inverter, and a willingness to remember that it's a boat, (not a

hotel),
it's not extremely unusual to boat in the NW without a genset of any kind.

Ahh. I noticed the gel cells and the propane in the specs. I was going to
mention that the battery banks looked quite thorough and well thought out. I
was envious.

From what I see I'm only seeing propane on the houseboats out here where the
tanks can be stored on top of the house or otherwise outside somewhere.
Everyone I know has electric stoves. Would love to have propane on my boat
but a huge concern with the heavy gas, maybe I just have to learn more but
it gives me the willys.

Again out here it seems AC is the bigger thing if you're looking for
installed upgrades. A space heater seems to do the trick if it's cool but to
get the edge off a 35 degree Celsius night a blast of AC is the right
prescription.

Maybe it's an East/West coast thing.