Default Typical Motorboater

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:31:37 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

What good is stopping at Bimini when West
End is easier, safer, the channel is well marked, the officials friendlier
and it is far less crowded?

Thanks to an almost 4 kt boost from the Gulf Stream we were at Bimini
by late afternoon, perfect time to check in and get a good nights
sleep. We had no issue with the officials and tied up at the customs
house dock at no charge. In addition to that, we'd never been to
Bimini before.

I suppose that makes sense. You were fortunate you were there Thursday.
Friday afternoons can be hectic with all the fishing charters making the
crossing and trying to check in. I checked in at Bimini once but never
again. It's dirty, crowded and had stupid seaplanes blasting through the
anchorage plus that dogleg channel with a hard to see, tired, little unlit
range markers isn't otherwise marked and is dangerous with any kind of sea
running. The dock at the custom's house was rough, and not suitable for
tying up small boats. But that was years ago and they might have improved
things since then.

Wilbur Hubbard