posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Off to the Bahamas

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:27:39 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

We are just setting out on a cruise to the Abaco Islands in the
Bahamas. Anyone who would like to follow our track on the web can
find it he

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0utTAiadygIUkT4LIXeoYfKADAn2Dkz os

Update, Friday, June 12

We left the Florida Keys yesterday morning at sunrise, headed south
out into the Gulf Stream and got a 3 1/2 knot boost from the stream
most of the day. The stream was as calm as we've ever seen it,
barely a ripple all the way, more like an inland lake with the clouds
reflected in the water. Pulled into Bimini late afternoon and
cleared customs/immigration with no difficulty. The new channel into
Bimini is totally unmarked and uncharted in the finest Bahamian
tradition. We'll be at the Bimini Bay Resort/Marina until noon today.
It's still being developed but looks like they're doing a first class
job. Good WiFi at the office but not on the docks yet.