JustWaitAFrekinMinute! JustWaitAFrekinMinute! is offline

Default Bimini tops

On Jun 11, 12:24*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I, well, my wife actually, wants a bimini top for my Lund 16. *Comes in at
around $500 for frame and canvas.

I'm a metalworker, and have a welder and an industrial Singer walking foot
sewing machine. *A friend of mine used to do boat work, and I've seen him
make lots of tops. *Not a lot to them, actually.

Hardware seems to be the costliest thing, all being stainless steel. *The
tubing was probably special, too.

Went looking for boat part the other day, and noticed some hardware, and
IIRC, it was for 7/8" OD tube.

In all of your vast experiences, what would be your opinion of making one of
these out of conduit, or a light wall round tube? *Possibly custom making
some of the hardware pieces out of steel that I can have powder coated. *The
canvas could be Sunbrella, or even the cheap shadecloth material at Home
Depot is decent shade. *I have a couple of big shadecloths of that material,
just had to resew the edges after about four years of 24/7 outdoors
exposure.

Anyone ever do this type of DIY project?

TIA

Steve

Go ask this question he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...topics?lnk=rgh

You will probably get some great info and possibly a walk through from
start to finish with pictures These guys are pretty good at DIY
being home builders...