Wizard of Woodstock Wizard of Woodstock is offline

Default Bimini tops

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:24:39 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

In all of your vast experiences, what would be your opinion of making one of
these out of conduit, or a light wall round tube?

I've seen some nice tops made with PVC tubing of all things - strictly
a fit and glue type of construction so it does work.

Conduit? Not so much. It's pretty brittle metal - akin to white metal
actually.

I agree with Jon - it can be done certainly and probably would be a
fun project, but spending your own time to do it right will probably
cost you $500 anyway.

However, if you build it, use Sunbrella - great stuff and you can
find, much like gfretwell, ends in good fabric stores for almost no
money. When I had the seat covers made for my Ranger, I found a roll
end at a place called Joann's - I think it was three yards and I got
it for $7. Cost me another $30 to have the material cut, fit and
sowen up. Custom covers for $37.