Parallax

Default Kenyon stove

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message ...
Alvin North wrote:
I have acquired an old boat (Cape Dory 28) about 25 years old. It
has a Kenyon stove Homestrand (SN 152460). A quart tank with pump
up, large dial for clean and close. What type fuel, alcohol or
kerosene? Thanks, A North

Depends. The stove _as_shipped_ usually required denatured alcohol.
However Kenyon (and others) offered a kerosene burner conversion kit that
looked almost identical to the alcohol burners. It even used the same tank,
although the setup was really minimal at best. In all probability you have
alcohol. If so, observe the warnings of the other posters.

BTW I have a CD 28 that shipped with the same stove. Best thing I did was
to dump it at the first opportunity.

Throw the damned thing away anc consider yourself lucky that it didnt
cause a fire. Those pressurized alchohol stoves are just about the
most dangerous thing you can have on a boat except possibly a white
gas powered stove.