Wizard of Woodstock Wizard of Woodstock is offline

Default Guy catches missile...

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 20:25:09 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .
which was live and keeps it in his boat for ten days before having it
disarmed.

Yeah - that's what I'd do - nothing like carrying a live missile
around in your boat just for laughs. :).

http://tinyurl.com/l62fqs

AIM 9 Sidewinder. Definite candidate for the Darwin Awards.

The father of one of the members of my fishing club ran a big dragger
out of Point Judith during WWII. He tells the story of his Dad
running out one evening to run the beach from there to Westerly for
flounder. It was getting dark and making his final pass back towards
Pt. Judith about a mile out when he heard a thud - looked around,
didn't see anything and continued his run.

Pull in the dragline, boards come on board, net comes onboard and
there's this shiny thing in it - a torpedo.

It wasn't one of ours either. :)

Started the hunt for a German sub - according to the story, it might
have been the one they sunk off Newport South Beach two days later.