jps jps is offline

Default Interesting article

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:34:55 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

"lupowell" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Zombie of Woodstock wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aaaBdVMkjPnU

Kind of gives you the flavor of things to come.

What we have today is the afterbirth of eight years of Republican
mismanagement and looking the other way. Not surprising that the
corporationists are a bit worried...because it is possible they won't
have the entire golden calf to consume by themselves.

Keep your head buried in the sand. Nothing stays the same. It's
Obama's economy, Obama's war, and Obama's deficits now. More debt
incurred since January 20, 2009 than in eight years of Bush, and you
still use that tired mantra. For shame!

Forgetting about blame for a second, the biggest problem I think we face
with Obama's domestic and economic policies is this:

The US has had a national debt that has been growing for many decades.
By itself, debt isn't necessarily bad. It can fuel growth and spur on
an economy. The debt we have had in the past has been low risk to the
lenders because of our economic growth and strength.

But the debt Obama is putting in place in the first 6 months of his
presidency is astronomical, both in amount and in time. The biggest
problem is that it is based on capital, current or future, that we
simply don't have, nor will we.

That is unique in the history of this country. Never happened before,
and not a single economic expert can predict what the ramification will
be, near term and in the future.

Eisboch

What would have been your ideas to rescue what was left of the economy?

I listened to the speakers at the GOP fundraiser last night. I didn't
hear one idea from the leaders of the GOP that would do anything but
line the pockets of the same corporate, banking, and insurance pricks
who sold us down the river. Not a damned serious idea to put Americans
back to work at family supporting jobs.

Evidently, we should have let the spiral continue. We were losing
jobs at a faster apce than at any other time in history, including the
depression.

I suppose letting the "free market" take it's course would have
resolved a number of things, including the potential to shove us into
a long term depression.

The party of no hasn't any ideas, other than to say no.