Macomras

Default Flushing engine stored in Salt Water

I've owned my boat now for close to a year. I keep it stored on a floating
dock or in the water. My question pertains to flushing an engine with "rabbit
ears" (those ear muffs that go over the intake portion of the engine). I find
myself nearly falling in the water to get the rabbit ears onto the engine even
when I fully tilt the engine up. Is there an easier way to flush an engine
that is stored in water? I have a 97 yamaha engine that requires the use of
rabbit ears or some comparable way of flushing the engine (what I mean is there
is no valve on my engine to attach a gardenhose like some of the newer
engines). Any help / tip is much appreciated.