Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default My new business

On Jun 4, 6:19*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
On Jun 4, 5:29*pm, Frogwatch wrote:

On Jun 4, 5:08*pm, jps wrote:

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:37:13 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch

wrote:
Sales of expensive x-ray instruments is not going well in this economy
so I am starting a new business, Mobile Marine Plating, Inc. *will
specialize in re-plating small marine parts with anti-corrosive and
decorative metal plating while the parts are in place via "brush
plating". *This means we will go to a boat and coat corroded parts
with electroplated nickel or bronze or even gold. *Larger numbers of
parts can be brought back to the lab for polishing en masse and re-
coating.
My specialty is nickel plating but one of the most interesting ones is
an electroless nickel coating that has hexagonal boron nitride *in *it
to give ti lubricating properties along with the anti-corrosion
properties. *Think about steel or Aluminum parts that are subject to
wear and corrosion where a coating about .00020" thick would be
helpful.
I am getting tired of hanging out with scientists anyway and want to
hang out in marinas. *Will probably start off coating local parts but
will branch out into offshore oil stuff.

That's cool. *Best of luck to you in your new venture.

That coating on the Shimano reels looks like Titanium nitride Harry.
I can get that done by electron beam evaporation.

Am amazed I didn't think of doing this several years ago. *No more
employees, YES. *No more workers comp, no more company pension to to
spend MY money contributing to. *No more product reps in F*&k*&g India
calling me at weird times. *No more incompetents in Abu Dhabi asking
me to go fix their spectrometer (like F*&k*&ing Hell). *No more
supporting sales people. *No more IRS hassling me about why this guy
is an independent contractor or employee. *FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST,
Thank God ALMIGHTY, I'll be Free At last" without employees.

My major worries are that:

!. I am terrible dealing with people and this will involve some of
that nastiness.
2. I have no idea how to set price.
3 Will I get bored?